Tuition Assistance Program
Deadline to submit Engineering Tuition Assistance Request Form for Fall 2018: August 15
TEES and the College of Engineering cannot advance our mission without our staff. We want to support the professional growth of our staff by offering financial assistance as they pursue higher education.
If you are a staff member in Texas A&M Engineering adlocked to TEES or College of Engineering (E Workstation), we encourage you to utilize this resource made possible by Engineering Staff Advisory Council and Engineering HR. Review the guidelines and apply using the Engineering Tuition Assistance Form.
Please note that Texas A&M University offers tuition assistance to staff adlocked to the College of Engineering (02). If you are a staff member with 02 adloc, please refer to the TAMU Benefits website or contact Engineering HR with questions.
- Eligible staff member must first be admitted to the college or university through the Office of Admissions.
- Tuition assistance benefits will reflect as a credit against the fees assessed for the applicable term on eligible staff member’s fee statement.
- Once admitted, the staff member will need to submit the Engineering Tuition Assistance Request Form. This form includes proof of admission and transcript and needs to be processed through the eligibility requirements.
- Staff members who receive tuition assistance will be required to adhere to all rules associated with being a student, including, but not limited to, registering for classes, paying fees, and withdrawing from classes by the appropriate deadlines.
- When taking advantage of tuition assistance, staff should reference applicable regulations regarding alternate work schedules and release time and discuss options with their supervisor.
- When creating schedules avoid placing an unreasonable burden on the member’s ability to provide services in order to alleviate potential conflicts and work load disruptions.
- In addition to the staff tuition assistance benefits, if attending Texas A&M University, staff may apply for a fee exemption through Student Business Services.
View the signed Engineering Tuition Assistance Policy
Staff members eligible for the tuition assistance program must:
- Be admitted to and enrolled at Texas A&M, Blinn College, or another Texas A&M System university.
- Be employed in a staff title in TEES or the College of Engineering (E Workstation). The tuition assistance program does not apply to positions with faculty titles or student titles including any title where student status is a requirement.
- Be budgeted at least 50% effort with TEES or the College of Engineering. A budgeted staff employee is a non-faculty employee whose position is specifically identified in the budget with a unique identifier called a Position Identification Number (PIN). Budgeted staff positions are 50% or more effort (20 or more hours per week) for 4.5 months or more and are benefits-eligible.
- Have a minimum of 12 months of service in a staff title prior to the first day of class in which they are enrolling.
- Be employed in TEES or the College of Engineering at the time of disbursement of the tuition assistance payment.
- Be in good academic standing and maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 for undergraduate and professional students and 3.0 for graduate students.
- If planning on utilizing Educational Release Time, we will require supervisor approval.
*Staff adlocked to the College of Engineering can receive tuition assistance through Texas A&M University during the fall, spring, and summer semesters, and will therefore be ineligible for Engineering Tuition Assistance during those terms. College of Engineering employees will have access to funding for tuition assistance if attending Blinn College or a Texas A&M institution.
- The staff tuition assistance program will be processed as a scholarship.
- To be awarded this scholarship, you must fulfill the above requirements and submit the Engineering Tuition Assistance Request Form. Processes have been put into place to award staff who have registered and meet the criteria.
- Scholarships will be posted to your student bill by the tuition pay date each semester.
- Eligible staff members enrolled in a college or university can receive this scholarship during the fall, spring, and summer semesters upon completing the Engineering Tuition Assistance Request Form.
- Staff members will be notified via their Texas A&M email account that the scholarship has been awarded.
Questions Regarding the Process:
Engineering HR – firstname.lastname@example.org or 979.458.7699
Questions Regarding Admission to Texas A&M:
Admissions Customer Service - Admissions@tamu.edu or 979.845.1060
Questions Regarding Admission to Blinn:
Admissions Customer Service - Admissions@blinn.edu or 979.830.4140