The CITI web site can be found at https://www.citiprogram.org. Once at the Home page, click on "Register Here." (If you have previously registered, you may enter your Username and Password to re-enter the online course.)
- Step 1: You will be asked to select your institution. Choose Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES) from the drop-down box entitled Participating Institutions. It is important that you select the correct institution. Do not select Texas A&M University; otherwise, you may complete courses that are not assigned to TEES. Note: The Veteran Affairs and Department of Energy boxes are to be left blank.
- Step 2: You will be asked to select a Username and Password. It is important that you follow the instructions given on this page. Please remember the Username and Password that you select for future use. Aurora IRB office staff will not have access to this information. If you forget your Username or Password you will need to contact the support staff at CITI for assistance.
- Step 3: You will be asked to enter your first and last name.
- Step 4: You will be asked for your E-mail address.
- Step 5: Click the submit button.
- Step 6: On the Member Information page, you will be asked to complete information about yourself. The only required fields are those marked with an asterisk (*).
- Step 7: On the next page you will be asked to pick a course to take. The only choice will be, "Responsible Conduct of Research for Engineers." The next page will indicate which Institution you have registered with. The only institution shown here should be TEES. Select "No" for the question regarding affiliation with another institution.
Beginning CITI Training
Once you complete the registration process, you will be taken to the Learners Menu page. Your name will be displayed at the top of the screen. Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station will be displayed under "Learners Menu." If either of these is incorrect, contact the CITI support team before proceeding. The Learners Menu page will also be your starting point for any future visits to the CITI web site.
- To begin your CITI training, click on Grade Book on the Learners Menu page. It will take about two hours to complete the assigned modules. You do not have to complete all of the modules at one visit. Complete modules (quiz taken and successfully completed) will be saved when you log out of the CITI training web site.
- Modules must be completed in the order given. To obtain access to a module, click on "Take the next required module." [For reference purposes the modules that must be completed for each course are listed below. Remember, you are only required to complete those modules listed in your Grade Book for the Course that you picked during the registration process--that is, either the Biomedical Investigator Course or the Social/Behavior Investigator Course. The modules in the other course will not be listed in your Grade Book.]
- There is a quiz for most of the required modules. You must correctly answer 80% of the quiz questions to successfully complete the module.
- When a module is successfully completed the date of completion is given in your Grade Book. Incomplete modules are noted as such.
Once you have completed all of the required modules, click on "Go to the Main Menu." On the main menu page, choose "View course completion history for Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station and print completion certificate." On the next page, scroll all the way to the right and click on "Print Completion Certificate." Keep a copy of the report for your file.