Energy Systems Laboratory hands out annual awards during CATEE Conference
The 2015 Clean Air Through Energy Efficiency (CATEE) awards were handed out during the Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station’s Energy Systems Laboratory’s annual CATEE Conference in December. The awards were presented by Texas Rep. Tony Dale.
The annual CATEE Awards recognize individuals, organizations and companies that have demonstrated outstanding or unique contributions to clean air through energy efficiency and renewable energy actions or programs.
Brian Yeoman was awarded the Gregg Cooke Award for Excellence in Environmental Leadership. A new award, the Energy Systems Laboratory Partner of the Year, was awarded for the first time. The inaugural award went to the Houston Airport System.
The categories and honorees selected for recognition were:
- Outstanding Government Organization
- Travis County, Texas
- Outstanding Non-profit Organization
- The South-central Partnership for Energy Efficiency as a Resource (SPEER)
- Energy Systems Laboratory Partner of the Year
- Houston Airport System, City of Houston
- Gregg Cooke Award for Excellence in Environmental Leadership
- Brian Yeoman, city advisor, Houston, C40 The Cities Climate Leadership Group
The awards ceremony was held Dec. 3, 2015, at the Hotel Galvez & Spa.
Photo (from left): CATEE Executive Director Betin Bilir Santos, Yeoman and Rep. Dale.